"At the beginning of 2010 I came across my diary from last year. I had a quick flick through and was hit with the realisation of exactly how much my life has changed since January ’09. My diary is littered with words like ‘Golden Globes’, ‘Baftas’, ‘Brits’ and ‘The Oscars’ – all of which my working life revolved around...

Fast forward a year and my January is barren. The pages are a wasteland of days and dates and woefully empty pages. My poor, poor moleskin must have been sobbing into its perfectly intact spine at such a pitiful sight..."

Wednesday 17 March 2010

Saturday March 13th:

This time last year on a Saturday morning I was probably still in bed.

But today I am congratulating myself on a major scale. I have achieved so much in such a short space of time. I have
:
  • Arisen at 7am
  • Dressed myself
  • Dressed Babysaurus Rex
  • Fed Baby
  • Fed myself
  • Changed three nappies
  • Swept the floor
  • Done some post-natal Pilates
  • Washed my hair
  • Baked a mixed berry upside down cake
  • Done the washing up
  • Put Babysaurus down for two successful naps
  • Finished knitting a hat

- and all before 12noon! I might even put my make-up on! I am so proud of myself for all my morning’s accomplishments that I almost update Facebook with a glowing status. I feel like a domestic goddess. However I log on to see a friend’s post that reads: “I now realise that I am middle aged. It's not that I have a house/kid, it's that practically everyone I know does or is going to soon. Going through my news feed, at least half have updates about children or profile pics featuring their offspring. Hence the change of profile pic. Mid-life crisis here I come!!

I back away from the keyboard, have a word with myself, and try to remember the days when hair washing was an every day occurrence and not a luxury treat…

No comments:

Post a Comment