"At the beginning of 2010 I came across my diary from last year. I had a quick flick through and was hit with the realisation of exactly how much my life has changed since January ’09. My diary is littered with words like ‘Golden Globes’, ‘Baftas’, ‘Brits’ and ‘The Oscars’ – all of which my working life revolved around...

Fast forward a year and my January is barren. The pages are a wasteland of days and dates and woefully empty pages. My poor, poor moleskin must have been sobbing into its perfectly intact spine at such a pitiful sight..."

Friday 19 March 2010

Sleep, Glorious Sleep

Hurrah hooray, kaloo kalay! Babysaurus Rex is FINALLY sleeping through the night from 7pm until 7am! I am so hyperactive with joy I hardly know what to do with myself. And I have so much energy I feel like I could run a marathon (no idea why this comes to mind – I was crap at running, even before I was pregnant). On the first night there were a few early morning grizzles from the direction of her cot at 2.45am and 4.45am but she just whinged herself right back to the land of nod. I feel like displaying her at the circus, such is my level of pride (“Roll up, roll up! All witness! The miraculous… the phantasmagorical… the incredible SLEEPING BABY!”) but I content myself with penning a blog entry about it instead.
I, on the other hand, despite being ecstatic about the fact that I had had my first 5-hour chunk of blissfully uninterrupted sleep since before she was born, lay awake from 2.45-3.45 boiling hot under the covers but too scared to take off my socks in case the rustling of covers woke up KR and she suddenly realised she was hungry. And between 4.45 and 5.45 I lay awake wondering if I should feed her anyway – Is she ill? Is that why she’s not hungry? Should I wake her up to feed her? Is she even conscious!?!? But again I was too frightened to get up and check in case I woke her up.
Long may this slumber pattern continue.

Things that made me joyful last year – Christian Louboutins, press passes to London Fashion Week and fitting size 8 dresses.

Things that gave me energy last year – Pro Plus, Caramel Macchiatos and power yoga

Things that made me scared last year – Saw IV, C-list celebrities and being seen without eyeliner.

No comments:

Post a Comment